View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post

The money I'm talking about is in regards to London making a lot of money and as a result has more money to pay off the league with to "win" the hosting gig. My point I was trying to get at is the league punished Windsor for using it's money advantage to treat some players better, and that is against the rules. But London can use their financial advantage over everybody else in the league to offer the league the most money to buy the hosting gig.

So the league is saying - You can't use a financial advantage you might have to treat players better/improve your team, but you can use your financial advantage when you're offering us money to win favor.
It's different cause one benefits a SINGLE team and the other benefits the WHOLE league. But I'll agree , players should get more. perks.

Windsor fans are also assuming London throws the most $ at the committee. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the other 2 do this instead. They almost have to, to equalize quality of bids. As London has the team, and as much experience hosting big events as the other 2 combined. The Bud staff, London organizers, volunteers have done a great job with numerous events, bigger than either Colts/ Spits have.

I agree with all here that more transparency would be good. Show us the bids and reasoning behind decisions, but as I said earlier they don't want the scrutiny.

Don't be surprised if someone offers up more cash than London. And if they don't, can't see any argument winning based on quality of bid, except they had it 9 yrs ago.
And if they do how do Spits fans react after all the complaining g on the cash topic?