View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 10:11 AM
hoosierpred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Missed it. Reports on Butler, Boychuck, and Bartley?
Can't report much on Butler and Boychuck. Made a point of watching Bartley and Legwand last night.

Bartley is interesting. Since I have been watching the Preds for the last decade, he is the first defenseman i've seen play for us that looks like they are not playing the man only but is anticipating the play and choosing spots to double. He broke up at least two cycles last night by anticipating the down low pass and beating his man to the puck rather than maintaining inside position. That can be risky if you don't guess right but i was really surprised to see it. Overall, i don't think our woes recently have much to do with our defense and have a lot to do with lackluster forward play, but Bartley was a pleasant surprise for me.

Legwand was just as usual. Lucky goal that makes him look good, and otherwise a turnover machine. Horrible no look bad passes right to Oilers sticks, passes out front of the net with no preds around. One actually middling hit (I just about had a aneurism in surprise).

It's hard to get overly excited about whipping a team that has clearly given up and looks like they are trying to get their coach fired. It is a little shocking to see the regression the Oilers have taken compared to the last few times we have played them.

Last edited by hoosierpred: 03-09-2013 at 11:04 AM.
hoosierpred is offline   Reply With Quote