View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 10:27 AM
DK28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Still he is 17 year old against FEL team and players. You're right that Ilves is an mess but that is impressive even against CHL teams. Did i compare him to Malkin? That play was very Malkin like thats all. How about his speed? Does he look fast just because of Ilves? If he skated like that against Jokerit would it be below average? You guys just can't deny that he looks very good skater in that clip regardless of opposition. Not
just speed wise but in agility aswell. We have to remember that he is 17 year old and 6'3 210ish lbs. I think that Barkov is very underrated skater. He doesen't seem to skate at full speed very often because he positions himself very well. But when he does he can suprise. Just compare that skating to last year. MAJOR difference. With that kind of developement he'll be good/very good skater after next summer.
I think he has a effortless quality to his game, like things come easier for him. You hear quarterbacks describe it as the game slows down for them, so they are able to make the right decisions and plays. It seems effortless. And Barkov seems to be at the right place at the right time, always around the puck. I think he skates very well for a big and skilled guy. Jagr anyone?