View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Its still overly negative.

Take your assessment of Stepan. He gets a 6 when he's playing arguably the best hockey of his career. You want to attribute that to Nash. Fine. Stepan had two points in the 4 games that Nash missed and was arguably the most involved forward the Rangers had during that stretch (along with Hagelin).

Way too negative an evaluation.
Hence the wild card, I have a hard time assessing him, perhaps the hardest on the team. That his grade is on the low side is nothing I have trouble admitting. I just felt he didn't bring much to the team before he got to play with Nash. Hence it was a gut shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I got up to Dan Girardi, 5 and stopped reading.
Maybe a 5 is a little bit harsh on Dan just because I'm so disappointed in his brutal breakout pass. Maybe that's something you should accept with a stay at home D-man. So sure, I could agree Dan could deserve a 6. Other than that? Not a chance. He's a +1 in total and his breakout pass is a big part why. He hasn't been as solid defensively as one could expect from Dan either.

Also, I agree my bashing of Del Zotto was over the top, I have toned it down a little. I have seen that number 4 on the ice way, way too many times when something bad happens. So yeah, I'm probably overly negative about him right now.

Last edited by Chimp: 03-09-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote