View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 11:29 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Missed it. Reports on Butler, Boychuck, and Bartley?
Butler had some flashes of the player that Ottawa signed out of New Hampshire, but didn't seem to surface other than a couple of decent opportunities. He did get us a couple of power plays, though, and we scored on one, so there's a contribution to be had there.

Boychuk, true to the scouting report, fell down a lot. He's really weak on his skates. Seemed to get better as the game went along but still got pushed around.

Bartley was quiet, but played nearly 20 minutes at even strength. They iced the puck several times while he was out there, but I think Trotz has confidence in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Glad we got the win but for a while in the second period we seemed to take the foot off the pedal and if you get a team down 3-0, you must go for the kill at that very moment. We finally got there but I was not overly impressed even though we won 6-0. We can do that to a team like Edmonton but try doing that to one of the top teams in the league and see what happens. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but there is still a lot of work to be done with this bunch.
No, you're absolutely right, and I was thinking the same thing. They really did look like a glorified bunch of ECHLers out there. No real forecheck to speak of and they were completely unorganized. They need a new coach and a new goalie, and they need them both very soon.

I don't know that Minnesota is a more talented team than Edmonton, but they are much better organized and will probably hammer us if we let up like we did in the latter half of the second. Chicago would have completely destroyed us last night. Stopping the bleeding like this is good, and the two points are always useful, but this is just the first step. If we play like that against the Wild tonight, then I'll be a little more convinced.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote