View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
ponokanocker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
A lot think that the short stint in OKC and the AHL is the reason for the slow start, and them struggling this season so you're answer from the vast majority, and even myself, would be a resounding no.

The only thing it would do is send a message and give them a pay cut. With the short season, every AHL team is decimated by their parent clubs at the moment. Every team is icing a lot of guys from the ECHL. In short - The AHL had a lot more talent pre lockout, it's nowhere near that level anymore, it wouldn't be beneficial.

I'd say just hold them more accountable. Maybe sit one in the press box after a questionable effort?
This is my feeling as well. Part of their problem is that things were too easy in the AHL and they didn't have to work as hard to get them.

I agree that some press box time is now warranted. Eberle and RNH can take their turn against Chicago. Its obvious we are bottom 5 in the league with the way they are playing, so its not like having them in the lineup is changing anything. All the cute little plays need to end now. These 2 were supposed to be our leaders and have completely fallen on their face. After they return, no more top line minutes. I don't care if that means that Jones is on the top line as we are getting spanked anyway.

ponokanocker is online now   Reply With Quote