View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
While I know that things will change, if you look at the teams currently out of playoff position Canada could have:

Tavares, Giroux, Duchene, Kane, Ladd, Stamkos, St. Louis, Hall, Eberle

All of them could be potential linemates for Crosby at the WCs should Pittsburgh be eliminated early, and all are far superior to Kunitz. Unless there is a serious injury, I can't see any of those guys turning down Hockey Canada so close to the Olympics either.

Still though, due to scheduling I can't see Canada leaving more than 2-3 forward spots open for players who get eliminated in the first round. Crosby is pretty unlikely.
All very true, but the point is moot, as even if Pitt missed or were eliminated early, I doubt we'll ever see Crosby at another World Hockey Championship... insurance costs and the risks involved for a B-level tournament? But it's interesting to speculate... lets hope a team shows up this year. Although in fairness to Hockey Canada, other than a few selections which peeved me off last year, it wasn't an entirely bad team and if not for Getzlaf's gaff, then Canada looked good to get to the gold medal game...at least after the Finland game I thought they were in good shape. But oh well...lets see what happens this year.