View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 11:51 AM
overpass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
That's the guy I was talking about. Conroy is quite similar to the other three in terms of defensive value as ES and on the PK, but he's got a considerably better offensive record as ES, mainly because he has a full career behind him. He's always been sort of a forgotten man in the ATD, but Conroy is definitely worthy of starting on a 4th line here.
Also in part because of Jarome Iginla.

Here are Conroy's offensive ES totals as posted by HT18 again, with seasons in which Iginla was his regular winger bolded.

(note that there was an extra 27 and 22 in HT18's table, probably from partial seasons with one team being double counted alongside the full season numbers.)

One of the 51's was with Pavol Demitra in 2005-06. The other 51 and the 48 are from Conroy's 97-98 and 98-99 seasons, in which he did an excellent job as a checking line centre.

Conroy's far from the first support player to be drafted, but none of Kesler, Richards, or Bergeron has played alongside a HOFer for several years in their prime, so the point comparison is apples to oranges.

I want to be careful not to mention undrafteds so I won't go into detail but Kesler, Richards, and Bergeron have all usually been the best offensive player on their line.