View Single Post
03-09-2013, 12:55 PM
vCash: 500
5- Lars Eller AND the youngsters : I think he was dealt with the right way at the start of the season. The progress he has made is fantastic and I really hope he can keep on building his game because he has so much potential. Him being ready as a center made our team that much more flexible AND offensive. Gallagher and galchenyuk can take on some offensive and defensive responsabilities to lighten the load on our top players. they have clutch blood, and they add that ability of timely scoring that makes us so hard to play against.

4 - Duo of Desharnais and Pacioretty : their offensive contribution, and their 5 on 5 game went back on par with last year after a rough start. They are instrumental in this team's chances of going far in the playoffs.

3- our D core : no subban? no problem. still can't believe how well our D's have played this year. Despite the lack of size the mobility of our hitters is allowing us to make it hard for the other team to enter the zone. they all have impressed me, even kaberle for accepting his status, and what to say about diaz ... just wow.

2- Gionta/Prust - Prust is really giving this team another look this year. He can put his money where his mouth is , and there is no denying that it gave confidence to our team. Gionta's contribution has been understated IMO , he gave us some good hockey so far and seems to find the net on a more regular basis now. His leadership has always been important ... I felt he contributed, for example to Bourque's excellent start of the season.

1- Plekanec and the team management. Michel therrien and Bergevin is really what triggered the rest of the top 5. Epic coaching. Plekanec is up here because I think he's MR. hab. Having a pro like that buying into the system and being able to play under any coach, with any wingers, in any situations ... for that number of years ... the guy is just a stud, and doesn't get credited for half of what he does. he is clearly a big part of the team's soul, and has been for years. He is the player I want Desharnais/eller/galchenyuk to look up to.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote