View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Atomos2
Attitude problems

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Carlyle wouldn't keep Gardiner out of the line-up if he felt Jake would be their 2nd best defenseman. I'm sorry, but he just wouldn't. I don't care how many defensemen you have. All of this talk about how great Gardiner is flies in the face of this. Yes, he has a lot of potential to be a real good player, but that isn't at all the same as being a real good player.

I saw Carlyle for years in Anaheim, and he absolutely would mess with a winning formula if he felt it would make the team better. Adding a defenseman who would immediately be the #2? That is a no brainer. If it were true.
That's Carlyle but what about Nonis. Nonis has said a few things in his press conferences that stand out. First, he is first and foremost interested in the long term benefits for the organzation and second the main difference between him and Burke is that he's more patient. Putting one of his roster players on waivers and having them taken by another team for nothing is completely detrimental to the long term health of the organization, and all because we need to bring up Gardiner to help an already playoff positioned team.

If he did this then both of the things he said in his press conference would be lies. You need to think outside of the box and think as if you were a leaf GM.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote