View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
All very true, but the point is moot, as even if Pitt missed or were eliminated early, I doubt we'll ever see Crosby at another World Hockey Championship... insurance costs and the risks involved for a B-level tournament? But it's interesting to speculate... lets hope a team shows up this year. Although in fairness to Hockey Canada, other than a few selections which peeved me off last year, it wasn't an entirely bad team and if not for Getzlaf's gaff, then Canada looked good to get to the gold medal game...at least after the Finland game I thought they were in good shape. But oh well...lets see what happens this year.
Yep, the quality has been there the last few years. I am guessing that this year will follow the tradition of recent years with a loaded group of forwards, and a lacking group of defencemen.

As far as Crosby at the WCs, I fully expect him to participate in the tournament sometime. His best ever international performance came at the tournament, and I suspect that he would want to win it at least once given his competitiveness.