View Single Post
03-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Dr Jan Itor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Do you guys think the Wild are going to be buyers or sellers?

We definitely have some big holes that we need to fill: Ideally, 1 right hand top four d, and we need a top 6, if not top 3, right handed sniper that will shoot dammit.
I'd say we'd need a LD more. Brodin, while left-handed, plays on the right side and then Gilbert. Where as on the left side, we have Suter and then... Stoner/Falk. Yeah, I'd want the lefty first

I'm torn on us moving Cullen. He has been playing well, but he always has that streak that gets your hopes up, then he disappears. If we could get a first for him, which I think we could, I think we should take it. Or a strong prospect I guess. He's not the true second line center that we need.
I'm not too concerned with getting an asset for Cullen. I like the 2nd line as constructed.

I hope we can move Butch for a second, or package him.

Are we going to trade Konopka, or just sit him 3 out of every 4 games? He takes some stupid penalties once in a while, but that's usually in games where our whole team is sucking, and he's just trying to fire them up. I don't fault him for that. He's also really good on the forcheck and faceoffs. I wouldn't mind keeping him as the 4c, but he needs to play. Better him there than Granlund... Brodziak's been alright at 4c, but I still think Konopka is the best suited for that role.
I'm getting pretty sick of his antics already, but I think we'll need him at the #4C spot next year.

Clutterbuck. I would entertain trade ideas on him. I sitll think his perceived value is greater than his actual value, and would cash in on it. He's an offensive black hole - can't cycle, actually a really bad shot, no hockey iq. We have enough guys who can fill this role at around the same effectiveness, and we need spots for the kids. I also don't see him aging well, and believe he has already peaked.
I was in favor of moving him before, as I think his physicality is overrated, and he takes too many other things off the table. But not to move him just to move him or for futures. If we can use him to get that youngish, top4, LD then it's worth listening to.