Thread: Value of: Pominville?
View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
is the answer jesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
We're not trying to pry Schneider away from you. We're trying to get the best possible return for Pominville. Someone else would assuredly offer better than that. Our 2nd is basically a late 1st, and Schneider hasn't proven he can be a starter, while Pominville is an established 1st line player with above average defensive ability.
He has shown he's a 1st liner with good defensive ability I'll give you that, but he's only got one more year left on his deal after this year and a decision is going to have to be made on him. I don't want to keep him if he's going to get 5+ million a year, which I think he will. Varlamov's value is a pretty good comparable to Schneider's imo, you can call it whatever you want, if Colorado thought a 1st and a 2nd was too much to give up for him they would have gone elsewhere for a goaltender not overpaid to "pry" him away. The 2nd round pick in my proposal was a sweetner for them to deal Gaunce, a guy I like a lot. My inital thought was Gaunce and Schneider for Pommers, but thought Vancouver would want another piece coming back hence the 2nd rounder.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote