Thread: Value of: Heatley to New Jersey
View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

vCash: 500
Heatley is a guy on a bad contract through next year, and is very much in decline, which is no knock on him. It's just he's a guy who is well into his 30s now who has been in the league for awhile and is pretty much a one dimensional player. Devils might consider him because there is major concern with how the lines are functioning and they need somebody else who can put the puck in the net.

I just don't see Lou dealing with the Wild to help them clear cap space unless it is advantageous to the Devils. Also while they have a lot of cap space coming off over the next two years, aren't likely to spend all that near the Cap any time in the future. I think Lou would rather keep his options open to make a move in the offseason if he has to, rather than lock in that much money with no idea on whether Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus can all come back.

I know Lou liked Heatley enough that at one point the Thrashers and Devils had discussed a deal around Scott Gomez back a 12 yrs ago, but that was a long long time ago.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote