View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
How painful is it to be an Oilers fan right now? Out scored 14-2 in 3 of their last 4 games with zero compete level.

fanboy owner with best friend as president and their wives are best GF's......what could possibly go wrong?

In fairness it's easy to be hypercritical when a team is having a brutal slump on a prolonged road trip but it let's you know just getting a lottery draft pick let alone three doesn't nessesarily mean things turn around instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
The Oilers management is a joke and Tambellini's collection of fantasy draft players aren't a team.
If Katz blew it up and I was the incoming GM I'd be salivating. That team has so many trading chips. Identify the players to keep (Smid, Shultz, Eberle, RNH, Paajarvi, Gagner) get rid of dead weight like Whitney and use guys like Hall and Yakupov to get big strong mean players with some skill.

That roster is stocked, but the balance is way, way off. They just need someone shrewd in there who can make the right moves, and then get a coach there who can coach young players effectively.

Of course with Lowe and Katz being best buds who knows, but I don't think that Katz will put up with losing forever. I'd imagine he isn't used to failure and is near the end of his rope.