View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Don't disagree on the other signings and specifically think Dilon will be let go from the org. But if we're looking at UFA prospects, Lipon is probably number one on the list still and I hope we look into Alex Aleardi. Don't know anything about Schmidt admittedly.
I agree with Lipon. The Avs should try to sign him. Aleardi is a guy who I am not sold on. If the Avs or anybody else wants him, I expect the Aggozino treatment where the minor league team signs him for a year to see if he can cut it at that level first.

If you get a chance to watch a Minnesota game do it. Schmidt is a fantastic player. Whoever signs him is getting a legit top 4 prospect. There are few main reasons I see the Avs signing him. First, they have seen him for years and years along side Condon. He was known coming out of high school as a very talented player who was a bit lazy and out of shape, he turned that around after his first season and is now one of the hardest workers on the team. He fills an organization need on the left side of the defense with being a solid puck mover and a guy who can QB a PP from the left. Lastly, one thing the Avs really don't have anywhere in the prospect system is a guy with a bomb that can get it through, Schmidt has that.