View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
KnightSpit

vCash: 500
Memorial Cup $$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
This is even worse than. Because if four out of the five members who awarded the bid to London in 2005 are still there. IIRC Barrie bid for that hosting gig as well - so if the previous hosting gig cannot be considered against London, their bid will be stronger this year, as they have experience running one, proof the city supports it and more money from it. So how can 4/5ths of the selection committee who awarded it to London in 2005 now find that Barrie's bid is better now when both competed for the 2005 gig and London won out?

What it comes down to for me is the selection committee are flat out liars if they give it to London this year. Mississauga was given the hosting gig in 2011 and we were told it was because the OHL wanted to try and use it to establish/build interest and fan base in GTA. Okay fine. If that is their reasoning, than there is zero reason why London should get it based on there is no lack of interest or fanbase in London.

Just come out and say it's all about the money.
Ottomatic
SHOW ME THE MONEY, no kidding and really that is what it is all about. London and a few other OHL teams have the strcuture, fan base, reputation and skill to run a frist class Memorial Cup, very few other O teams do and the O is more and more becoming the haves and have nots. Will I be glad if LONDON gets it, YES. Will it surprise me NO. I would like to see BARRIE get it though, think it would be good for the leauge, but ultimatley it is all about polictics and the all might dollar, not being cycnical just the truth. By the way do you think when LONDON wins the Memorial Cup this year that will have an impact on the selection committee ???