View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
What about Darcy Ashley...undrafted and playing in the shadows of Drouin & McKinnon and still put up 25 goals thus far . He is small , feisty and can fly . He was also just awarded the Dickie's award for being the hardest working player in the Q league a week ago and IMO that is quite an honor . Who knows...he could be a Marchand lite clone .
Really small overager. I would not say in shadows of those great players, but he makes the most of his oppurtunities against 2nd pair opposition. I'm sure he's a hard worker, but he'd have to be exceptional at it to survive in the Pro game.

Btw, here's some talk from the prospect board about drafting enforcers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Any GM that drafts a player to be an Enforcer or Fighter should be fired right away. You can always find someone that is looking to beat there way to the NHL via free agency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Devils have done it a fair bit in the past. I always felt like it was wasting picks too, especially when you have a good scouting staff that could have maybe done some good things with the picks. Esp. now with just 7 rounds in the draft. I mean, unless the player is showing more than just enforcer potential. Everybody wants the toughguy who can also play.