View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 03:00 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
How's that workin out? Look at all the Championships, piling up so high....
To be fair because some people actually do think this way how many repeat champs have there been the last 15 years? Even the combo of malkin and Crosby only has one cup so far. Im not annoyed we havent won it all and I think ignoring the successes and great seasons we've had recently to focus only on the lack of a cup is not the right way to evaluate. I WOULD be annoyed however if we were a floundering garbage franchise like we were pre 05. We just had a season where we were one of the best reg season teams and we were just 2 game away from the finals so I can't help but be satisfied.

Our prospects fill a large portion of the teams spots including 3 of them being in the top 6 3-4 being in our top 4 on D and 1 being the best goalie in the league. Im pleased for sure with the direction we are headed in and the direction we have been taking.

It's just too unreasonable to demand in todays pro sports world that your team win at least one championship to be considered a success. Too many teams, too many unpredictable factors, fairly level cap field.

I would def listen to arguements that this coach is not getting nearly the best out of his players right now though and thats a big problem but I'm willing to see if it can right itself by next year since this year is such a crazy season. I'd be the first in line to rage about not getting an all world talent like Tarasenko though(and I really liked Armia too though I'm pleasantly surprised with Miller now and can't be too upset on that one)

Last edited by shinchanyo: 03-09-2013 at 03:05 PM.