The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #8
View Single Post
03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by
Bernie Parent 1974
nobody can. he's been our best goalie since Hexy's 1st run & even he can't fix this team.
1. the Team D is awful & has been since game #1
2. the lack of hustle & effort is a complete joke
3. besides Simmonds & Jake, Bryz has been the best Flyer this year.
4. Bryz was playing lights out earlier this year & was able to overcome the team's poor D coverage & frequent lapses in effort & hustle.
5. Bryz is not playing at that high level currently, but I'm far more concerned with the over all Team D & lack of effort / hustle
Chechmanek's 1.96 GAA and .922 save percentage disagrees strongly with you. And it's not like he was worse than Bryz in the postseason, they're about equals.
I'd take Checkmanek over Bryz at this point. Though ideally (in this theoretical universe where such a choice is possible), the next goalie is neither of them.
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
View Public Profile
Beef Invictus's albums
Find More Posts by Beef Invictus