Old
03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Not necessarily. If we get the #3 overall and Florida ends up w/ the #1 overall, it would make a ton of sense for Florida to trade back with us and acquire some extra picks / players.

Florida already has Gudbranson and Kulikov. They need dominant offensive players a lot more than they need Seth Jones IMO.

It really all depends on who is drafting #1 overall and where we are at. But if things progress like they are, I don't think we're much more than our 1st + Couturier away from nabbing Seth Jones and it's quite possible we don't even have to give up that much.
I would not trade Couturier and a first for this year's first overall. I know Jones is good, but he has never played a professional game. He is definitely a solid prospect, but there is no such thing as sure thing. Since 1990 there have only been four defensemen taken first overall: Roman Hamrlik, Jovo, Bryan Berard, Chris Phillips, and Erik Johnson. I don't really know or remember the hype surrounding these players at the time, but if they were taken #1, it is safe to assume it is similar to that of Seth Jones.