Game #26|Mar. 9, 2013|Flyers at Bruins|1:00 p.m. ET
View Single Post
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Originally Posted by
Bernie Parent 1974
a large number here point to the goalie's play.
a large number here point to the goalie's contract.
a large number here say "plug in another goalie & we'll be fine"
1. the Team D is awful & has been since game #1
2. the lack of hustle & effort is a complete joke
3. besides Simmonds & Jake, Bryz has been the best Flyer this year.
4. Bryz was playing lights out earlier this year & was able to overcome the team's poor D coverage & frequent lapses in effort & hustle.
5. Bryz is not playing at that high level currently, but I'm far more concerned with the over all Team D & lack of effort / hustle
This is ridiculous, no ones saying plug in another goalie and we'll be fine, we're saying Bryz is playing like **** and not nearly living up to the contract he has, what people are saying is put another goalie in at less than half the cost and he'll be able to put up the same ****** numbers Bryz does.
Our defense really isn't that awful, there's just no goalie to bail us out on the inevitable breakdowns. It's not like last year, our defense isn't THAT terrible.
Let's be clear, Bryz played
, not lights out, but above average for a few of the games into the season. On Feb 7th he had a .923 and 2.20 GAA, which is great for him, but he's now at .899 and 2.80 GAA. That good start evaporated pretty quickly and doesn't excuse his **** play now.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by blinds