View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I know that some here have explained the whole "using Datsyuk with Cleary and Abby as a shut down unit" line of thinking. I still think it's a major mistake to take the team's best offensive player and ask him to be Guy Carbonneau in his Dallas Stars days.

Even if D's line doesn't allow any GA, it puts too much pressure on an inconsistent top line and a 3rd line with Eaves and 2 rookies to carry the scoring load. I don't think this team is talented enough to afford to shelve Datsyuk's ES offensive talents, as their margin for error is pretty slim given the other offensive guys on the team.

As a fan, I hope that Datsyuk is chalking his mismanaged line to the injury situation and hoping it changes soon, but I wouldn't blame him if in the back of his mind he's thinking "this is Babs' answer for dealing with injuries? **** this, I'll go play in my home country and score in the KHL after next season."
Apologists. It's so insulting to Pavel. He's done so much for this organization and given us fans so much. Why should teams even have to worry about Datsyuk now? His own linemates do a good enough job of neutralizing him.

Oh and I just saw this was Bobrovsky's first shutout on CBC.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote