View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Easton has earned that notoriety (and rightfully so) due to their earlier Synergy and Stealth lines of skates, namely the lines anchored by the 1500, SE16 and especially the S15. While their composite construction made them unbelievably light (I believe the S15 is still among lightest at <700g in a size 8 (7.5), whereas the T1 NXG is about 658g in a size 8), it is not the composite part that is at fault.

I believe that the way Easton constructed those boot overall was poorly done. Parts that were not composite relied on glue and weak stitching to attach them to the boot and the joining of the toecap to the boot was weak, among other factors.

The S17 line was slightly better. The EQ5 and EQ50 line, in my opinion were solid offerings at each pricepoint; no complaints on durability. However, many people still saw Easton as an inferior skate brand, which continues. Hopefully the continued development of the Mako and RS lines will change that.

I can't tell you how long a skate will last you; there are so many factors involved. Though you shouldn't be worried about either durability or protection from contemporary composite boots. Overall however, durability will be seen through feedback post-release, as with any other product.