View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wouldn't say nothing has changed. As you also said, he is still improving. He is being a bit more patient with the puck and using more creative passes. We did start to see that a bit at the end of last year, but having a guy like Markov there to take some heat off him is essential.

You cannot have 1 threat at your blue line, it's too easy to neutralize, and that's what happened last year. Looking for subban to shatter his previous best of 14 goals. Or at the very least, tie it in a condensed schedule
Agreed, but his progression is his own doing imo. PK Subban's learning curve isn't the same as your typical 23 yr old. It was evident to anyone watching that PK was an absurdly talented player who was eventually going to start producing. His offensive numbers are good and all, but it's his defense that is the best aspect of his game. Nothing even remotely similar about PK and Del Zotto for example.

I am not about to give the coach credit for PK Subban with a total of 18 games coached. Puhlease, if anything, Therrien has been using him poorly. I don't care about the 15 points in 18 games or whatever it is. This was going to happen eventually. I care about our best pker and best dman being out on the ice in situations where he excels better than the others on the team.

PK isn't done progressing either, he shows every year that he will continue to get better. Having Markov helps for sure, who couldn't learn a few things from the general? I've been waiting 3 years to see them together, it's about damn time.