View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 09:09 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashsoccer37 View Post
+ Going 7-3-0 in the last 10 games despite giving up 40 goals. We clearly have some things to work on like Cole said earlier (mainly our passive PK), but we are crushing teams 5 on 5. If we can devote the next few weeks to becoming more aggressive on the PK, I think we can beat out Boston for the top Eastern Conference seed.

+ Sid/Phaneuf matchup... That was a great, physical matchup to watch. Phaneuf has been a beast lately, and would have looked like a total beast again tonight against any other player, but Sid was on a different planet. Seeing him dominate all over the ice, but especially along the boards tonight shows that he is clearly 100%

+ Refs keeping the whistles in their pockets. Felt like we really benefited from a few non-calls. Sid's trip looked like a legit trip to me, even though they may not jive with some here. I think we tripped Kessel twice in the third that wasn't called. I'm not talking about Reimer's dive either, that was BS. Another PP for Toronto may have ended this game in regulation.

+ MAF in the shootout.. He is just a beast in the shootout. And those shots by Neal and Crosby were silk.

+ MacArthur shot... Curl and drag with a defenseman screening, off the post and in. Sick shot. That shot was slightly Ovechkinish

- Letting JVR make the crease his office. He had his legs up on the desk and everything. JVR was primarily responsible for both their PP goals.
Every team has things to work on. The problem is that we supposedly work and work and work some more on the same ****, and it doesn't get better.

Oh, and kudos to Jiggy for daring to suggest a little while ago that a guy like MacArthur might be a nice Plan C/D type guy for Sid and Kunitz.