View Single Post
Old
07-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Captain Lou

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
kdb, there have been statements attributed to the league office that they were also going to crack down on one-sided trades that were straight salary dumps as detrimental to the game and attempts to circumvent cap limitations, that is that they would require some appearance of equity in a trade. That is a power that the league offices has been very reluctant to use in the past, but that they have claimed will be used as needed to keep teams in line. It has at least been implied that this was applied for at least two trades at the deadline last season, though others claimed that the paperwork simply was not in order before the deadline and the league took a hard line on it. I would think something like Mogilny and a first for a second would fit into the category that would result in league intervention.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. If the league is actually considering doing something like this then the NHL can go **** itself. The CBA with its Draconian rules and salary cap is bad enough, and now they want to tell you which players to keep or get rid of in order to get below the cap number. Little Napoleon is going too far if this is true. And I will not financially support a league that behaves this way.

Captain Lou is offline   Reply With Quote