Old
03-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I don't think they can afford to pay Levitre what he'll earn on the open market. They're up against the cap if they do and at the expense of an interior lineman. He's good, more importantly durable and consistent, but it's still not worth it. I don't like the McKelvin deal, but a corner/returner is more valuable IMO.

I'm about set on Lane Johnson at #8. He has great length, a perfect kick slide, and the fastest 10-yard split at the combine. Johnson (LT) - Wood (C) - Glenn (RT) and whoever the hell cares at OG!!
I'd actually be very disappointed with that pick. Glenn proved he can play LT effectively from day one. The Bills' strength last season was not only the running game but the offensive line and to ruin and shuffle that around and to select an offensive lineman (not to mention the third best LT prospect) at No. 8 would be going backwards IMO. Levitre is a guy I think the Bills should have been adamant about keeping and should have gotten locked up weeks ago. He doesn't want to leave, he prefers to stay and instead the Bills turned their focus on guys like McKelvin. Then there's been complete silence about any possible Fitzpatrick restructuring or release. Unless there's another part of the plan that we don't know about yet, this seems like a disappointing start already.

If we're picking at No. 8, I expect to address a glaring need, not a strength. I understand paying a G richly may not be the right way to go but we should have been doing everything possible to ensure we don't let our talent get away, especially something and someone that was working very well and was a huge part of the little success this team has had recently. Seems like a move to dig us deeper and a very Bills-esque decision if Levitre is let go, which is why I'm frustrated. It's happened for years and seems that it'll continue happening. Come Tuesday the Bills will be down a good LG and another team will be pretty happy. Then the Bills need to address the same position and waste a draft pick just like we did four years ago in the same situation.