View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Here's an idea that just came to me. I want to like Quinn. I don't really want him as the next HC, but for some reason I feel like he has more hockey smarts, and creativity than Sacco.

That said, the last couple games aside, how much of the fact the D has sucked most of the year is attributable to the players being worse than last year, and how much is attributable to Quinn running the D?
Well Quinn has a reasonable resume as a defensive coach at BU and actually was a big part of Shattenkirk's development. I suspect its possible that he could become a good coach with time. However, he is still highly inexperienced at the pro level and that's why it would be a mistake for him to.

I can almost understand the Avs philosophy - hire guys outside the system to coach your AHL affiliate, develop them as a coach, and then move them up to the big club. Unfortunately we don't seem to have any required standard of results at the AHL level in order to earn a promotion and that's why the whole strategy is rendered useless.