View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
I agree with a lot of your thoughts, but I hate that second line. Stamkos and Carter are pure snipers, and it seems redundant to have both. Having Benn as the playmaker on the LW makes little sense to me, as Stamkos' one timers generally come from the left side.

To be honest I kind of agree with you even though I suggested it. My thought process there was that Benn likes to make a lot of east-west plays when holding on to the puck and likes cutting into the middle of the ice a lot to make passes. I've seen him do it a lot with Jagr or Eriksson and that tactic of the center and winger switching spots with regularity works really well for some guys (saw it on my Avs with Duchene/Fleischmann and Duchene/Mueller). My thinking was that Benn and Stamkos would be free to interchange while making plays and Stamkos could still set up for shots from the left side. I agree that having Carter on that line perhaps doesn't' work though. The thinking was that he doesn't like to hold on to the puck much and is good at getting into the slot accept some passes and to go and get second opportunities on rebounds generated by Stamkos/Benn. However I agree that it probably doesn't work in practice.

Perhaps a simple solution would be to switch Tavares and Stamkos, as Stamkos may perhaps be better suited to a winger type of game than JT anyways.

Stamkos - Crosby - Perry
Benn - Tavares - Carter

Might be more balanced.

Quote:
Sharp is very interesting to me, and was included on my last projected roster. I like his versatility and his experience killing penalties with Toews. A line of:

Sharp Toews Nash

Could be very effective, with Toews and Sharp doubling as the #1 PK unit.
I actually really like this idea. Taking that into account I might adjust my projected bottom 6 to

Sharp - Toews - Nash
Richards - Bergeron - Seguin

Moving Giroux up into the top 6 and knocking Carter down to 13th forward or off the roster if carrying a more versatile player makes more sense in case of injury.