View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 12:56 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
Really like him from the little I've seen also, reminds me of a Rick Nash lite, just would be scared of his drop off in production after Grigs left. If we're around the 15 spot he'd be who I'd be going after for sure, followed by Domi.
People need to recall that Erne and Duclair were called out for their lack of desire to play a team game, and only playing one way. Erne has made a point of playing both ways since (says my uncle in QC), and has made strides in playing a 200ft game. He has the offensive ability, and he's got the skating. His biggest knock was his lack of attention to the defensive responsibilities. He admitted so himself.

A player is more than his scoreline. We need wingers who can finish. And he can do that. It's a bonus to be dynamic offensively, but what does it hurt to have a solid finisher who can skate, next to a guy who creates space, and beautiful plays, like Kadri?

I think he's a GREAT fit next to 43, and he's the type of forward we need in our top 6. He hits, skates hard, loves to shoot, and is extremely competative. He also takes to the gym with passion. He already has good core strength, and as he grows and matures, will develop into a PF at the next level.

I recall the gushing over Nichushkin's bronze medal winner, and the idea that there were few forwards who could replicate it. Well, have a look at this:

In the 3rd period of a game 7, when a player needs to make a difference:

http://youtu.be/TPjUyTYFNUA