View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Doughty has been playing great, goal or no goal. I love having him, Voynov and now Muzzin. I had hopes for Ellerby but he just reacts too slowly and takes dumb penalties.
Ellerby is still young and frankly was rushed into the NHL by the Panthers it seems ... everyone from Lombardi, to Coach Sutter, on down knew what they picked up, a young D-man that was still rough around the edges, who had potential, but who would need time being properly coached and develop and brought along into our system (and the West Coast style of game play as well), a kid who could grow with our core D guys (Doughty, Voynov, etc) yet be a stop gap while Greene & Mitchell are down, a kid who maybe if all goes well could replace one of Mitchell, Scuderi or Greene when they move on or retire. Muzzin has turned it on the last 2-3 weeks or so, but he was almost everyone's scape goat and whipping boy prior to that, and that included the fans from Manchester, most who I think said Muzzin didn't even belong in the AHL, let alone NHL ... about the only one who stood his ground on Muzz was Tonellisghost, who's looking to be a GENIUS right about now ... I say cut the kid some slack, and give him time ... long term I'd rather keep Ellerby over Drewiske, and I think that's Lombardi thinking too. But what do I know ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote