Thread: Value of: Pominville?
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 05:40 AM
Zbynek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Pominville is probably one of the few players I'd trade Despres for. Guys like him shouldn't be hitting the trade market, so if and when they do, they require a hefty return. Obviously we have guys like Olli Maatta that could be of interest, but realistically, it takes a young, promising NHL player to get a player like Pominville. Since Bennett is off limits IMO, Despres is the only other player that fits the bill. Would be tough to swallow, as I'm sure other Penguin fans here will decline with his play this year. However, Pominville would be too ridiculous of a fit not to, and his caphit is more than reasonable to fit into our long-term plans.

Perhaps I'm over-valuing Pominville, or this whole thread is just undervaluing him. I believe it's the latter, but either way, I'd be ecstatic if it just took Maatta, 1st, and Kennedy to get him. However, as said above, doubt that will be the case in a real-life trade.

I'd honestly do:
- 2013 1st Rounder
- Simon Despres
- Tyler Kennedy
- Tom Kuhnhackl (Long-term project winger -- mid-tier prospect)

for

- Jason Pominville
- Mike Weber (Included because I'm sure there would be a surplus of NHL defenseman on Buffalo if they were to acquire Despres.)

Kunitz - Crosby - Pominville
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Jeffrey

Perhaps a separate trade would go down in regards to our defense if this one were to go down, so not going to post a projection there.

Not exactly sure what it'd look like on Buffalo's end, but a long-term top-4 of Myers, Ehrhoff, Despres, and Sekera doesn't look too bad.
how about:

To

1st round pick 2013
Matt Niskanen
Tyler Kennedy
Tom Kuhnhackl

To

Jason Pominville
Robyn Regehr

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote