Thread: Prospect Info: Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Do you think the Blues could move up in the draft by trading their 1st, Ottawa's 2nd and possibly a prospect like Rattie or Jaskin top try to draft a center?
Very unlikely to see that package simply because we'd want it to take us higher than would probably be possible.

Whether or not we try to move up depends on where we'll be picking and what our draft board looks like. When it comes to centres, the question will be how much we like Frederik Gauthier, because he is really the only guy that really projects to be a C at this level that is in the realistic range we could move into.

I think Jaškin is probably viewed as pretty close to untouchable within the Blues. His skillset should transition well to the NHL, total bust factor is small and wingers like him are very much in demand around the League.

Rattie is much more of a question mark. We might view him even higher than Jaškin, or we might have worries about his ability to make the step up to the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see us move Rattie in an almost identical situation to how we moved Rundblad... a team picking in the 14-18 range has playoff aspirations next season and it is an attractive option to pick up a player 2 years further along in development.

If we could find a way to pick up Gauthier and Nichushkin/Zykov at this draft, I'd be delighted. Hopefully the fact Nichushkin is signed in the KHL for a further 2 seasons and plays for the same team that kept Kuznetsov will put off a lot of teams.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote