View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 08:33 AM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
Jagr has goals in 4 straight games, and a total of 5 goals in 4 games, no assists.

The last time Jagr has had 4 straight games with goals? His last year with the Rangers in 2007-2008 in his last 4 games of the regular season when he "turned it on" RIGHT before the playoffs and proceeded to score 15 points in 10 games in the play offs against the devils and his old club, the Penguins. He was leading the Playoffs in scoring at the end of the 2nd round.

It's obvious Jagr still has it. We Jagr fans had a feeling he would be awesome after he lit up the Czech league so i am not shocked to see him do this well. He just needs to find chemistry and someone who can finish his passes and he and his linemates could be over a PPG.

It was really really nice to see the 2 5-on-3 chances and seeing Jagr control the puck like that. It reminded me a lot of him as a Ranger. This is what i have been waiting to see since he returned to the NHL. The flyers totally failed at using Jagr on the Power Play or he just was bad on it for the flyers team.. he was not moving around like Jagr is doing now. Jagr used to always be in the middle of the ice for the Flyers PP and not the outside where he could control the puck and make plays. What i like most about what he is doing now, is he has confidence to hold the puck, wait for the defenders to commit to a play and he can either burn them with a cross ice pass or move in for the shot.

With that said, there is a concern in his assist area. 10 games and only 1 assist. That is pretty bad.

Last edited by jagrgodr: 03-10-2013 at 08:40 AM.
jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote