Thread: Prospect Info: Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
If we could find a way to pick up Gauthier and Nichushkin/Zykov at this draft, I'd be delighted. Hopefully the fact Nichushkin is signed in the KHL for a further 2 seasons and plays for the same team that kept Kuznetsov will put off a lot of teams.
I don't see any plausible way the Blues can get to the range they'd need to draft in, in order to select Gauthier. I see him as a probably top 5 pick, certainly a lottery pick, and the only way the Blues get into that range is to make a move that guts the depth they've built.

Nichushkin/Zykov are far more reasonable targets. Of the two, I'd prefer Zykov simply for the fact that he's already here and not locked into a contract with a KHL club.

If the Blues are going to continue to draft Europeans, they need to draft Europeans who are already making themselves familiar with the North American style of play and who will step right into the NHL after a year or two in major junior or college.

No more of this wasting high picks on drafting Soderbergs and Barulins who refuse to cross the pond and refuse to play in the AHL.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote