Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I would include Versteeg in the relationship thing as well. Correct me if Im wrong but I don't think Tallon has ever traded one of "his guys" after bringing them in. More than likely Flash and Steeg stay here and finish out there contract. We are a rebuilding team after all, if we trade these guys we will have a similar situation as the Oilers.

I agree! I would be very disapointed to see Flash and/or Steeg traded. Honestly, if Goc,Kopecky,Flash,Steeg,or Mueller get traded,I'll have no faith in Tallon. IMHO if those players get traded after a bad,flukey lockout year then he really isn't being truthful about his "blueprint" Those players have made a huge impact on this Panthers' franchise and trading those players for more draft picks is doing exactly what every other GM has done in our organization. Those players improve our hockey club, and with the Panthers having the best prospect pool in the league thus far, adding more prospects for proven, GOOD, NHL players is just 10 steps backwards. While I think getting a top draft pick because we aren't good this season, as well as adding to that depth in the pool is important, losing players who are great players, who do the little things and make this team exciting, just because they are all having an off year is crazy. Our 1st line from last year was great,and if Weiss does stay,and Flash/Steeg aren't traded then we are looking at having them back as our #1 line and they have talent. Then we have the Hubby-Shore-Mueller line,who have been one of the only bright spots. Add in a Kopecky-Goc-Bergy line, with Matthias,Skille,Bjugstad,maybe Howden, free agent picked up, maybe top 2013 draft pick and Parros (if not traded) and we look to have a pretty decent team.

I didn't mean to rank too much but I think it's bass-akwards to take peices from this team , such as Versteeg, who was just resigned and we all loved, and trade him away for a draft pick. IMO, Versteeg is worth more than a draft pick and/or prospect.