View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleIsland View Post
We have H. Sedin and Kesler. We don't need to be trading for Couturier. B. Schenn maybe but there is no way Philly moves him. Couturier is a future player who is still working out his game. We need players who can play a consistent role now.

So I wouldn't move Edler + a 1st for Couturier and Coburn. Too much risk in running Couturier as a 2nd line center or giving him top six minutes over a more proven and complete player. Example: Voracek would make more sense for us now. Couturier would be good for the future. But I think the Canucks need to pick a plan and run with it no more building for the future while trying to compete.

Also from Philly's perspective I'm looking at Edler. You know what kind of dman you're getting but with his recent injury history and inconsistent play. Do you really give up one of your prized young players for him? Nope.
I am also looking towards the future, if we inject some quality youth into our lineup we may become a team that has staying power. What do we need right now? a defensive #3 C, Couturier can fill that role and grow from there.

From Philly's perspective (which I obviously can't know for sure), yes it would hurt to lose a guy like Couturier, but getting a top 30 defender in his prime is something quite difficult to pass up seeing their situation on the backend

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote