Thread: Ralph Krueger
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:00 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Well... not to defend Krueger because his coaching obviously isn't achieving much at this point.... but ANY coach has to emphasize defense along with offense.

The team that's #2 in the NHL right now offensively... Tampa... is sitting 1 spot below EDM in the standings.

It's not a golden ticket to have a coach who employs "offense first" and "defense second" systems.

I do agree in general though... the team has taken a step backwards offensively this year from Renney.

Last year they were 22nd in goals scored while 5on5 and 20th overall in goals per game. This year they are dead last while 5on5 and 2nd worst overall in goals per game.

Obviously the team is regressing and Krueger's systems have to share the blame along with the players.

They simply are not able to score vs most teams who have quickly figured out how to stop the Oilers offense.
You think?

We are currently 29th in G/G (goals per game).

Last year we were 20th.

This is AFTER adding Yakupov and Schultz. We havent been hit particularly hard with injuries. This IS a coaching problem. If Finkle is still coaching this team after the current road trip, then management is even more incompetent than I thought they were, which would be quite an achievement.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote