View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Come on though....I will give you Gurubuaueur. But Erskine? Coming into the season, who thought Mike Green would play every game? No one, not even Mike Green's Mom thought that.

So really its just Erskine. This team should not have been built so that John Erskine is the guy that folds the house of cards. If you told me going into the season that Green and Erskine would miss the same game, I'd have said "yeah, I'm sure, Green is alwaays hurt, Erskine is 6/7/8 D-men. So of course that will happen...probably a lot"

This team's Defense is terrible. Period End
That's fine and I don't disagree for the most part but like it or not Erskine has been playing a top 4 role on this team and Green is their number 1. I would say 80% of the teams in this league would likely struggle if their number 1 was already out of the lineup and another one of their top 4 went down 2 minutes into a game forcing them to play with 5 basically all game.

Going into this season the defensive depth chart was roughly Green, Alzner, Carlson, Hamrlik, Poti, Schultz, Orlov, Erskine, and Kundratek.

How much depth on defense should a team have? And are you under the impression that the rest of the league all has 9 guy depth charts all of whom are capable of playing 20 NHL minutes no problem?

So I 100% agree the defense needs to be upgrade but I also feel under yesterday's particular circumstances most of the league would also struggle.