Thread: Prospect Info: Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Agreed on Gauthier...I have seen some draft rankings which have him sliding into the 20's, and others where he is moving up to near 10. Who knows where he will go, but I would probably pass out if he is in the top 5.

Also agreed on Nichushkin...if, for some reason, he is available when we pick, I would be all for getting him. This is where having Tarasenko should be a great thing, although Capitals fans thought the exact same thing with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov (they were certain that Kuznetsov would be there by this year b/c of Ovechkin). Nonetheless, Nichushkin appears to be getting better reviews (at least ranking-wise) than Tarasenko was getting, plus he's a centerman that we need (and I'm sure we'll still need in 2-3 years when he comes to the NHL). In short, I'm on the Nichushkin train.

Wennberg could be available when we pick, and he appears to be a great fit as well.
Nichushkin is a winger now. Wennberg still plays some centre, but he also realistically projects as a winger in the NHL. If Gauthier does go top 10, then there aren't too many centres left. Curtis Lazar and JT Compher will both likely be in the 20-35 range, Petan as well, but again he likely projects as a winger.

The second and third rounds might be a better place to pick up a centre though. Guys like John Hayden (2nd round) and Marko Daňo (3rd) could well be better value pick ups.

We always say it though, pick the best player available. The end of next season and we might be moving a winger for futures in order to create space for Jaškin/Rattie... that is a time we could look to address any areas of weakness within our set-up.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote