Thread: Matt Duchene
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:24 AM
AvalancheFan19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I don't know how you think he doesn't deserve more than 22 minutes a night. Maybe if we were talking last October/November, but not since then.

He is +11 since his poor start to the last season (AKA December on). So that's over his last 64 games. In that time the team sits at roughly -14 G/A. So far this season he starts in the offensive zone the least amount of all the Avs defencemen (tied with Hejda). He's been going head to head against the top lines, and is still +5 in 12 games. He may not be scoring but he makes a big difference to the team.

The difference between him in the lineup this season verse not in the lineup:

To add:
With EJ (12 games)
GF: 2.42
GA: 2.33

Without EJ (11 games)
GF: 2.72
GA: 3.55

If EJ hasn't earned more than 22 minutes a night, then what have all the other defencemen earned?
This. Who wasn't overly relieved to have EJ back in the line up last game? Yeah, he did turn the back over in the neutral zone a couple times but the small plays he does right and what he provides both defensively and offensively to the team is leaps and bounds over what the others bring.

On Duchene, would just be echoing what everyone else is saying. He's something to watch this year, looks great. When I saw that backhand goal it instantly reminded me he trained with Crosby, probably got some pointers on that one.

AvalancheFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote