View Single Post
Old
07-26-2006, 09:56 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
A Trade for a 2nd Line Centre that keeps our Salary the same...

I was thinking about this for a while, teams needing to add a decent #1 Goalie or a Goalie to be a tandem to split equal time with a another decent Goalie.

Obviously the goalie in question for trade from our end would be Aebisher. What Montreal is paying him isn't what they want a #2 to be paid, plus it looks with the salary given to Huet it makes him the #1, there isn't an opening to be fought for at camp as the #1.

The team I think we should make a trade with that needs a goalie, knows his style and has a decent 2nd string to play with is the Detroit Red Wings. The player in return from the Wings would be Robert Lang, a player whose name has been dropped in proposals here before and a player who has had some of his best success in his career with Kovalev and vise versa for Kovalev. Another strong addition to this line would be Samsonov because he is a LW, Kovy a RW and Lang the C. To me this could be a very dangerous line, one that could have the opportunity to score everytime when out on the ice.

Lang carries a salary of $3.8 million and Aebisher has the salary of $1.9 million. Since we would be addressing a move for a 2nd (or possibly 1st line centre, depending on how this line produces) Ribs would be expendable and would also address another need Detroit would need in losing Lang. Ribs also carries a salary of $1.9 million, his salary along with Aebishers would be the exact same total being brought to Montreal and the same being sent to Detroit. Detroit has 8 Dmen signed and need forwards like Ribs to be there to be with the Williams, Datsyuks, Zetterbergs and so on. I think a trade like this would address both teams needs in areas they are needing to upgrade, plus such a deal makes an older team like Detroit younger and it makes a team like ourselves aqcuire another veteran to help our youngsters like Higgins, Perezhogin and others.

What do you think? Would you be willing to make a trade like this? Would you want something else in return like a pick or prospect?

Ribeiro & Aebisher to Detroit for Lang?

To me it makes sense and leaves cap space for other things...opinions please.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote