Thread: Prospect Info: Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
tfriede2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Nichushkin is a winger now. Wennberg still plays some centre, but he also realistically projects as a winger in the NHL. If Gauthier does go top 10, then there aren't too many centres left. Curtis Lazar and JT Compher will both likely be in the 20-35 range, Petan as well, but again he likely projects as a winger.

The second and third rounds might be a better place to pick up a centre though. Guys like John Hayden (2nd round) and Marko Daňo (3rd) could well be better value pick ups.

We always say it though, pick the best player available. The end of next season and we might be moving a winger for futures in order to create space for Jaškin/Rattie... that is a time we could look to address any areas of weakness within our set-up.
Well dang, I thought Nichushkin was primarily a center. Is it just me, or do a lot of players/prospects start out as centers but move to wing?

I'm with you on BPA...I was just thinking about how nice it would be if our BPA was a center. Should be an interesting draft, especially since the whole thing will be done in one day. I wonder how long the 1st round will take (as long as previous drafts? I kind of hope so, as I like the analysis of each pick).

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote