View Single Post
Old
07-26-2006, 09:10 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
i proposed this before and apparently they are overflowing with centers or something. Or at least, Dastyuk is #1 and Zetterberg is #2, and Ribeiro doesn't make an ideal 3rd line center. For some reason though I always thought Zetterberg was one of Datsyuk's wingers
Zetterberg is listed as both a Winger and Centre, so is Williams. Detroit is multi-talented in the players being listed as W and C.

I'm not saying it will happen, but Zetterberg and Hudler are the future of this team and Datsyuk could be a player other teams may get a chance to trade for if they can send Detroit the players they are looking for since they have lost Stevie Y and Shanny. Detroit is old (Schneider, Wooley, Chelios, Draper, Maltby and others aren't getting any younger) and this team could be on the verge of a major rebuild if they don't aqcuire or develop some youth that can make a difference ASAP, I don't think HOCKEYTOWN wants to go through a rebuild.

A player like Ribs could make sense if they make other changes, even as a 3rd line centre he is a better option there than Cleary or Franzen.

I think this trade could still work, if your saying the above two are centres #1 and #2 well then Lang at $3.8 million is a very expensive #3 and it would make more sense for Detroit to have Ribs at that spot for $1.9 million then.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote