View Single Post
03-10-2013, 11:53 AM
dialed in your mom
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
What a bright future the Kings D corps has...doughty, Muzzin, Voynev and Forbert in the wings eventually.

Mitchell and Greene's absense has given Muzzin his chance and boy is he showing up. What an impressive rookie start...and he'll only get better. As of last night he's third in rookie scoring, which as a defensemen in excellent.

And what else can you say about Slava
How impressive is this stat from the Insider

Slava Voynov recorded his second three-assist game of the week. He has 10 points (2-8=10) in the last eight games.

Slava is quicklly turning into one of the most exciting young D men in the game.

And as young as he is, he's already been thru the longest playoff war a player can battle, only bodes well for this year.
I agree and great post.

I just want to add that we should all be keeping two other Dmen in our prospect pool on our radars in Gravel and Deslauriers.

Gravel imo will turn out become (if things keep going the way they have) an exceptional young Dman for us in the near future. He hits, his hockey IQ is through the roof, he plays exceptionally well in his own end and makes really smart tape to tape passes that more often than not just snap on target he can skate but isn't flashy and is good in the Ozone too, not great but good enough.

I see him as a very solid 2/3 dman given another season or two of development.

Deslauriers is developing into yet another solid PMD type who should be ready for spot duty next season and full time the following one. Just like Muzzin (and A Mart before him) he has allot of detractors but he is actually coming along nicely if you know what to look for.

Forbort should be fine, not a top pairing kind of guy but still solid and serviceable enough to make the team.

We have become Defenceman University with a grad rate of around 80% and that is pretty amazing.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote