View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 12:41 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
The Rangers don't have cap room for Yandle this year or next. I'm not saying other teams won't be interested but I can't see the Rangers being one of them unless it is in the offseason and they are remaking their team for some reason.

Going back to what Columbus got in the Nash trade, which was him, a 21 year old former 4th rounder and a conditional 3rd for Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon (currently 61st ranked prospect in THN Future Watch), and a late 1st it doesn't seem reasonable IMO to ask for Johansson/Perreault, Forsberg (currently 21st ranked prospect in THN Future Watch), Wilson (currently 62nd ranked prospect in THN Future Watch)/Neuvirth and a very early 1st for Yandle.
Nash would only agree to be traded to one team. The NYR. Yandle doesn't have the same luxery.

NYR have issues with several very good RFA's themselves who are due raises. Staal is out long-term. Eye injuries are potentially very career limiting. It could be weeks before they even have a long-term diagnosis but at the very least his season is likely over. Long-term injury reserve for the rest of the contract? That's a potential scenario here.

Flyers and Detroit are in desperate need of a top line blueliner. Edmonton has already repeatedly expressed interest in Yandle.

Phoenix and Maloney have plenty of options here. It's a question of what assets they want and not a move of what assets can they get. Completely different from the Nash deal.

Edit: Just for the record, I don't expect anyone to like the asking price for Yandle. That being said this isn't a sale at Macy's. If the price is too high, the price is too high.

Last edited by hbk: 03-10-2013 at 12:48 PM.