View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 12:57 PM
RED ARMY EAST

vCash: 500
U Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
I could be wrong, but it's probably cheaper to have the Cup shipped to UNB than to have all those teams travel and spend money. Let's do that and save money....

You may be a bit ambitous on the UNB-UofS score, but it is an overall possible scenario.

We'll have to revisit this post after Thursday's games and see how it fits.
I would agree with AUS, UNB will have their hands full with a charged up Huskie crowd of over 10,000.
This will likely be a close game. An upset in the making??
They handed Alberta 2 losses in the first half, I think that one of those games were in Credit Union Center. The Huskies played a series of games in that building in preperation for this event.
UQTR will also be a challenge, they have defeated some good OUA competition to win the Queens cup.

Alberta may be favourites to win the other pool, but we on this part of the country know that SMU is going to provide a very stiff challenge to the Bears. Their defensive zone coverage is second to none.
Remember, no Bloodoff in the deciding game of the AUS finals. The big power forward has been the most dangerous player in the AUS this season. SMU is also very physical and like to finish their checks on skilled opponents, on the offensive and defensive zones. They are used to being pushed by UNB, so dealing with a high octane forecheck is something that these Dogs have grown accustomed to.
I think Alberta and SMU have their way with Waterloo.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote