Old
03-10-2013, 01:53 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
Guys,

Moving Vanek, Pommers, or Miller just for the sake of "rebuilding" is a sure way to become a Florida or Columbus. I am not adverse to moving any of the above, but it has to make sense for this team and involve bringing back bonafide talent. Vanek and Pommers are very good forwards and Miller is a great goaltender...It will be very hard to find replacements for those players.

We have too many players being asked to play roles they are not ready for.

Grigs should be in Quebec
Myers should be getting sheltered minutes, not top pairing minutes. To be honest, we lack a D man who seems able to handle any type of top pairing minutes on a consistent basis (maybe Sekera? I don't believe he has that type of upside).
Hodgson and Ennis are not ready to be top line centers despite their offensive flash.
Folingo, one could argue is not ready to play top 6 minutes

Vanek is an elite forward
Pommers is a very solid two way forward who can score
Miller is a solid number one goalie

Be careful you don't trade away your "sure things" for potential that may not pan out.
You're right, but it's also a good idea to get good value for them if you feel they will not re-sign.

Also, it's time to move on from these guys, they haven't brought this team anywhere in the 5+ years they've had to do it and if you can make a smart hockey trade that will return valued picks or similar established NHL players, I'd do it.