View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 02:28 PM
cishockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
No way UNB beats Saskatchewan like that....it will be a two goal game at most IMO.
My thoughts on the UNB - Saskatchewan Game is

To play with and Compete with UNB, you have to be willing to play a team game an unselfish game, a trap game, lots of hitting. Saskatchewan from what I have heard and watched on webcast is a smaller skilled team that does not bold well for them, if they just simply try and out skill UNB. Much like them trying to Outskill Alberta in the CW final, series may have been 2-1 but it wasn't even close, two big wins for Alberta where they outshot Sask 40 something to in the teens.

I also do not think the big home crowd will be an advantage for them in the first game. I think they will be nervous, and a little off to produce in front of their home fans and I think in the first period they will be standing around a little in aw of UNB's style of play.

This isn't to be cocky, i just think the Canada West has not been as strong in the past couple of years as they used to be, I believe Albertas record is a little inflated because of that. I really think the top half of the OUA is on par with the Canada West Conference now, and if either team UNB faces is a threat its UQTR in the second game.

This is also why Ive picked St Mary's over Alberta.

Of course I also expected Acadia to be a threat in 2006 in Edmondton and didn't happen, as well as UNB at Home last year

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote